8 Easy Ways to Celebrate or Raise Awareness for International Women’s Day, March 8th 2023
Hames Chocolate factory is a thriving community. We have a company app to promote one team communication throughout our organisation and we tend to try and create a little something for the team to raise awareness and celebrate certain days throughout the year.
One of the days we raise awareness of is International Womens Day and for 2023 the theme is #embraceequity
This year on March 8th we’ll give all our staff an International Womens Day chocolate lollipop that we have created. In preparation for the day we have started taking some photographs within the factory of our incredible women.
Already our activities are raising awareness as staff involved up to now have questioned and researched what does embrace equity mean?
It occurs to us that other companies could use our lollipops to start a conversation and raise awareness for their staff too.
8 easy ways to celebrate or raise awareness for International Women’s Day:
1. Start the conversation and engage with employees
2. Highlight and celebrate some of the incredible women in your workforce
3. Start a gender equality committee in your workplace. Find out what is important to your workforce.
4. Promote females into leadership management.
5. Commit to equal pay policies
6. Spread the word on social media
7. Empower your supply chain, for example Hames work with and support organisations such as Rainforest Alliance and the Fairtrade Foundation.
8. Keep at it, issues are not going to be solved overnight, think continuous improvement.